COVID-19 Event Guidelines
Due to the current pandemic, we wanted to inform you of Chef’s Choice Catering’s current practices as a response to the state of Ohio’s mandates and recommendations. These procedures have been implemented in order to place the highest level of importance on keeping your guests and our serving staff safe.
- Chef’s Choice Catering staff will wear a facial covering throughout the entire event
- Each staff member’s temperature will be logged by the Event Captain and will be filed with the post event sheet
- Staff will be wearing gloves whenever serving food and/or clearing items from guest tables or food stations
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR SERVICED EVENTS
- All hors d’oeuvres must be on an hors d’oeuvres station and served to guests by a Chef’s Choice staffmember
- If all guests are seated at their guest tables, Chef’s Choice can plate and serve individual servings to each guest tableside
- No passed hors d’oeuvres service to limit food exposure and maintain proper social distancing guidelines.
- If the event has preset water goblets, the goblets will be filled once at the beginning of the event. We can not refill a used water goblet and guests will need to go to the bar for additional water service.
- No condiments may be placed on guest tables.
- All silverware must be rolled in the napkin and placed at the place setting to avoid open contamination of flatware prior to dinner service.
- Gloves will be used when clearing guest tables, ideally when guests are away from the table.
- All former “self serve” stations, must now be manned by a Chef’s Choice Catering staff member. This includes hors d’oeuvres, buffets, coffee, beverage, late night snack and dessert stations.
- Chef’s Choice will limit table clearing of plates & glassware to avoid multiple touch points and exposure to guests/staff when possible
BUFFET DINNER SERVICE
- All buffets will be single sided
- All items on the buffet must be served by a Chef’s Choice staff member
- Guest tables will be released by captain’s call one table at a time. Another table will not be released until all guests are seated from prior table release
PLATED AND SERVED DINNER SERVICE
- Salads must be served and can not be preset on the table
- Salads and rolls will both be served. Roll will be placed on the salad plate; butter will be in individual foil wraps placed on table when salads are served
- As a reminder, Chef’s Choice will limit table clearing between courses to avoid multiple exposures to guests/staff when possible